We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, providing us with energy and nutrients to get the day started. But sometimes it can be hard to choose something that is both nutritious and delicious. That’s why we gathered up 10 recipes that are sure to please your taste buds and your body! Whether you are looking for something warm, cold, savoury or sweet, we have something that will kickstart your day in a healthy and delicious way.
1. Wake Up to Wholesome Morning Morsels
Start your morning off on the right foot with some healthy and delicious breakfast options. Not only are these recipes satisfying and nutritious, but they are surprisingly easy to whip up! Here are a few tips to help you begin your day feeling full and energized.
- Health benefits: Choose protein-rich items such as egg dishes, cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt, which all contain essential nutrients that the body and brain need to start the day.
- Time efficient: For those looking to save time in the morning, overnight oats let you have breakfast ready when you wake up — with no effort required!
- Mix and match: If you want to get creative, you can easily mix up your ingredients to change up your breakfast routine. Try adding one of your daily servings of fruit, such as banana, to an omelet or smoothie for an extra energizing burst of sweetness.
If you’re more of a sweet tooth, you can try some sweet treats such as pancakes and waffles, oatmeal with fresh fruit, or yogurt parfaits. Just remember to keep the amount of sugar you add to a minimum.
For those trying to drop some pounds, whole wheat toast with a nut butter makes a great, filling snack that is relatively low in calories. This snack is also packed with protein, healthy fats, and fibre, helping you stay fuller for longer.
Last but not least, don’t forget the importance of hydration — even as you start your morning. Make yourself a cup of herbal tea or enjoy a glass of fresh fruit or veggie juice.
2. Delectable Ways to Start the Day
There’s no better way to start your day than with a delicious, nutritious meal! Here are some scrumptious recipes that are sure to make every morning a treat:
Overnight oats make for a splendid first course. Simply place your favorite oatmeal and a spoonful of yogurt in a jar, add a bit of milk, and some small pieces of fruit if you like. Let it sit in your refrigerator overnight, and the following morning you’ll be rewarded with a tasty and filling breakfast.
Step up your breakfast game! Brighten your morning with some freshly chopped vegetables. For this veggie scramble, all you need is a pan, some eggs, and your favorite vegetables. Try garlic, shallots, spinach, peppers — whatever you prefer! Crack open the eggs, add a dash of salt and pepper, and fry up your vegetable creation.
Adding some healthy fruits to your breakfast can help you start your day with the right nutrients. Try a bowl of freshly cut fruit for a light, sweet meal. An enjoyable variety could include:
- Berries of your choice
- A ripe banana
- A sliced apple
- A pear cut into sections
Bowls of delicious fruit salad can be had in no time.
Cereal and Milk
For a simpler morning meal, try a classic combination: cereal with some cold milk. There are a seemingly unlimited number of cereal brands for you to choose from. Whether your preference is for anything with marshmallows or something crunchier, there is a type of cereal that’s perfect for you.
3. Brighten Mornings with Healthy & Tasty Recipes
Healthy & Tasty Recipes are the perfect way to get your day off to a great start. With simple yet delicious recipes, you can make breakfasts that are both good for you and pleasing to the palate.
Whether it’s a smoothie packed with antioxidants and nutrients or a savory avocado-and-egg toast, a nutritious breakfast is the perfect way to kickstart your day. Here are some of our favorite healthy & tasty breakfast recipes to brighten up your mornings:
- Egg & Avocado Toast – Slice thick-cut sourdough bread, and top with an over-easy egg and slices of creamy avocado. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy your toast with a side of fresh fruit for a complete meal.
- Overnight Oats – This make-ahead breakfast is as delicious as it is nutritious. Add cooked oats, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and a sprinkle of your favorite spices into a mason jar and let the flavors blend overnight. Gently swirl it in the morning and enjoy!
- Veggie Frittata – For an even heartier breakfast, try a veggie frittata. All you need is eggs, cheese, vegetables, and a few simple seasonings. Bake this delicious combination of eggs and vegetables and enjoy it cut into slices – it’s ideal for breakfast or brunch!
- Fruity Smoothie – A healthy smoothie packed with frozen fruit is the perfect way to get your morning off to a great start. Try adding spinach or kale for an extra kick of nutrients. Enjoy your smoothie with a side of toast to add extra sustenance to your breakfast.
So, brighten up your mornings with these tasty & healthy recipes to start your day off on the right foot!
4. Rise & Shine to Nutrient-Rich Breakfast Ideas
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Start your day off right with one of these nutrient-rich breakfast ideas and rise and shine!
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
- Smoothie Bowl
- Overnight Oats
- Whole Wheat Toast with Nut Butter & Bananas
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Eggs & Avocado Toast
A fruit & yogurt parfait is one of the quickest and healthiest breakfast meals out there. Simply layer low-fat Greek yogurt, fresh berries, nuts, chia seeds and honey in a mason jar and you’ll have an easy and tasty breakfast. To add more nutrition, make a smoothie bowl. Start with a fruit smoothie base and stir in some goodness like flax and chia seeds, fruit, oats, nuts or nut butter.
Overnight oats are super simple to make and can provide nutrition all week long. Soak steel cut oats in a combination of liquid and your favorite yogurt overnight, and then put the mixture into a mason jar with your favorite toppings like nuts, seeds, chia, fresh berries and a drizzle of honey. For a toast-based breakfast, opt for whole wheat toast with nut butter and banana slices. Add some seeds and honey on top for extra flavor and nutrition.
Chia seed pudding is a great way to add fiber and omega-3s to your breakfast. Soak chia seeds in almond milk for a few hours overnight and enjoy your pudding in the morning or store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Another great option includes eggs and avocado toast. Whip up some eggs with some cheese or vegetables and serve it on top of toasted whole grain bread and mashed avocado.
Start your day on the right foot with these unique breakfast ideas. You’ll find something to satisfy your taste buds and provide the nutrients you need to get going in the mornings. Now, there’s no excuse not to get up and enjoy breakfast!